Also Future Self, Japan is effed.
An 8.9 magnitude earth quake rocked Japan on Friday morning and then triggered a series of tsunamis that rocked it the rest of the way. Thousands are dead as bodies continue to wash ashore and as if this wasn't enough, a nuclear power plant was crippled and at least 2 reactors are nearing meltdown. What. the. fug. Where to start and how to come back from that? Suddenly my January and February - not so bad. Clearly they could have been worse.
And Charlie Sheen is effed. I've been meaning to blog this one because I really don't want to forget it... These are some of his quotes from the past couple weeks. While it's made headlines, Twitter and Facebook statuses (heh-em), t-shirts, and been the talk of every water cooler in America, it's also indicative of a man in crisis. Exhibiting every associated feature of manic episodes and then some. This shit he's come up with is amazing and I'm anxious to see what's next. I hope whatever it is or wherever it takes him that he still has any real friends left to get him through it. And PS - his tox screen came back clean as a whistle. Go figure.
- “Can’t we just be in a pink cloud all our lives, and just be be super bitchin’ and be focused like cross-rays into the universe?”
- “I feel more alive. I feel more focused. I feel more energetic. My workouts are really intense.”
- “I’m on a quest to claim absolute victory across the board on every front…”
- “I have a 10,000-year-old brain.”
- “I’ve been riding on a mercury surfboard…”
- “I’m on a mission. It’s an operation, actually…”
- “I’m at the dead epicentre of every single moment…”
- “I’m on a rocketship to the moon…”
- “I heal really fast…”
- [Did you get out of control?] “Well yeah! I don’t have another gear!”
- “We live in an evil world.”
- “I’m fighting a war. There’s no room for sensitivity.”
- “Every great movement begins with one man, and that’s me.”
And in closing, let's not forget:
- You borrow my brain for five seconds and just be, like, Dude, can’t handle it, unplug this bastard because, yeah, it fires in a way that is maybe not from this particular terrestrial realm.”— Charlie Sheen on ABC
- “I am on a drug. It’s called Charlie Sheen. It’s not available because if you try it once you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body.”— Charlie Sheen on ABC
- “Newsflash, I am special and I will never be one of you.“— Charlie Sheen on the Infowars radio show
PSS - It's 30 degrees outside but THE SUN IS OUT. Things are starting to look up.